Tractor trailers, also known as semi-trucks or 18-wheelers, are a type of commercial vehicle designed for hauling large quantities of cargo over long distances. Tractor trailers are commonly used in industries such as transportation, logistics, and shipping, where the timely and efficient moving of goods is essential. In recent years there have been several new developments in the tractor trailers industry:
- Electric and Hybrid Powertrains: Many manufacturers are developing electric and hybrid powertrains for tractor trailers to reduce emissions and improve fuel efficiency.
- Advanced Safety Features: Tractor trailers are being equipped with advanced safety features like automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring to improve safety on the road.
- Aerodynamic Designs: Improved aerodynamic designs are being developed to improve fuel efficiency by reducing wind resistance.
- Autonomous Driving Technology: Some manufacturers are working on developing autonomous driving technology for tractor trailers to improve efficiency and reduce driver fatigue.
- Lighter Materials: Lightweight materials like aluminum and carbon fiber are being used to reduce the weight of tractor trailers and improve fuel efficiency.
- Telematics: Tractor trailers are being equipped with telematics that will allow for remote monitoring and control of vehicle performance and maintenance, improving efficiency and reducing downtime.
- Alternative Fuels: Some manufacturers are developing tractor trailers that run on alternative fuels like natural gas, hydrogen, and biofuels to reduce emissions and improve sustainability.
Your Truck Body Parts Specialists in Central Florida
All American Sleeper has been serving the trucking industry for over 80 years. We carry the most complete line of truck body parts in Central Florida. We carry truck body parts for all the major truck body manufacturers including but not limited to Morgan, Supreme and Smyrna to name a few. We carry a complete line of truck body parts from roofing, rails, corner caps, top radius, roof bows, flooring, door kits, door panels and all door hardware.
Physical Damage Repairs Done Right
All American has a full physical damage service department to handle any type of collision repair to tractors, box trucks, cargo vans and trailers. We have 2 full size paint booths capable of handling any size commercial vehicle. We specialize in physical damage repairs, refurbishment of vehicles, complete paint jobs and many types of fabrication.
Questions? Don’t see what you need? Call our Orlando or Tampa location for personalized service!
Tampa 813-626-4241 • Orlando 407-841-6165